Friday Photos: A Birthday Adventure
Today is my BIRTHDAY!
To celebrate, I will be FLYING
to LOS ANGELES
where I will get to see my SISTER
and visit California BEACHES.
We will also be RUNNING a half-marathon
through DisneyLand—the happiest place on EARTH!
I can’t wait to ride all of the ROLLER COASTERS
and see my favorite characters from the LION King
- Nic Nicosia, Untitled (Sam!), 1986, Dallas Museum of Art, gift of Meisel Photochrome Corporation
- Alexander Calder, Model for Flying Colors, 1973, Dallas Museum of Art, gift of Braniff International in memory of Eugene McDermott
- Sarah Morris, The Endeavor (Los Angeles), 2005, Dallas Museum of Art, DMA/amfAR Benefit Auction Fund
- Erich Heckel, Siblings (Geschwister), 1929, Dallas Museum of Art, Foundation for the Arts Collection, gift of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred L. Bromberg
- Roy Lichtenstein, Bull Heads III, 1973, Dallas Museum of Art, gift of The 500, Inc.
- Joel Shapiro, Untitled, 1991, Dallas Museum of Art, fractional gift of The Rachofsky Collection
- Vernon Fisher, Study for “Worlds Collide”, 1988, Dallas Museum of Art, gift of Dorace Fichtenbaum
- Alan Davie, Egyptian Triptych, 1965, Dallas Museum of Art, Foundation for the Arts Collection, anonymous gift
- Sword ornament in the form of a lion, mid-20th century, Dallas Museum of Art, The Eugene and Margaret McDermott Art Fund, Inc.
- Thomas Sully, Cinderella at the Kitchen Fire, 1843, Dallas Museum of Art, gift of the Pauline Allen Gill Foundation
McDermott Intern for Community Teaching